Dear Caregivers/ Clients/ Family Members and Friends of Our Clients:
Our hearts go out to all who have been affected by this global health crisis. And, we humbly thank all our caregivers for making it possible to continue serving our clients.
We at Capital Home Care would like to assure you that the safety and wellbeing of our clients and caregivers remain our top priority. We are closely monitoring the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and we are doing all that we can to ensure that our clients continue to receive the care that they need through this time of uncertainty. Capital Home Care will remain open and will be available to answer all of your questions and/or concerns as they arise. We appreciate our caregivers’ efforts to prevent the spread of this virus and would like to remind everyone of the following precautions, as recommended by the CDC:
CAREGIVERS, PLEASE READ:
- Avoid being in close contact with sick people and do not go out if you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unclean hands
- Cover sneezes and coughs with tissues and dispose of tissues in a lined trash can
- Disinfect surfaces regularly
- Avoid public gatherings and practice social distancing
- Practice good hand hygiene which includes washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds when hands are visibly soiled or using hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol
- Seek medical attention for any new symptoms that include fever with respiratory distress/coughing, as these are the primary symptoms for COVID-19
- Caregivers are expected to maintain standard precautions at all times and to refrain from going to work if displaying any signs of illness or if they have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- It is advised to wear personal protective equipment (gloves, mask) around anyone who is considered to be at high risk from complications of COVID-19
Note: At this time, we are expediting the process for family members and the client referred caregivers to sign up with Capital Home Care to become paid caregivers for their family members through the Medicaid Waiver Program. Please call 301-610-9900 to learn more and for assistance with the application process.
To obtain most current information, please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov.
Please watch a series of 30-second audio and video messages, as well as a 5-minute video, directed at seniors on a variety of topics related to the current novel coronavirus pandemic. These materials were created by the Maryland Department of Health and Maryland Department of Aging to help us communicate with residents during this difficult time.
Here’s also a YouTube playlist with all the PSAs loaded.
Informative Videos About Coronavirus:
Together, we can overcome this crisis.
Towards Excellence in Home Care Services,
TEAM CAPITAL HOME CARE